Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rachtober Fest

Making the Veggie Chili for Rachtoberfest-Cortona 2011
I haven't heard a peep from anyone... how did it go?
Love-
Mariss



Hi Mariss,
I just looked at my e-mail, been working all day trying to clean up everything. Mom's been washing dishes and I've been putting stuff away. Last night it started out ok but then it starting raining, it put out both fires, it got cold and windy. The turnout wasn't that good and they forcasted rain. And of course they heard you and Chris weren't coming. Mattie wake up this morning and said "Mommy, I love the Rachtoberfest" and Kat had had a great time decorating, but said she missed you and Chris helping her.
Love,
Mom and Dad




Hi Daddy and all-
Making the cornbread for Rachtoberfest-Cortona 2011
Sorry to hear it was wet and cold for Rachtoberfest.  We had our little satellite version of Rachtoberfest-Cortona and it was beautiful.  Nice turnout and amazing weather.  My chili came out really well since we are in a tiny town with few resources for that type of food. And, I made cornbread from scratch and it came out really well even though I didn't even anything to measure with.  I did it Eva style and eyeballed everything.  
The moon even put on a little show for us.  Around 10 or 10:30pm it tuned flaming orange and then dropped below the horizon line like a sunset by 11pm.  It was incredible.  I will post photos on Facebook soon for you to see.

Hope everyone is recovering.  I have had a bad cold and a broken toe for a little over a week now.  Moving slow, but still enjoying everything.  

Take care, love-
Mariss

Sunset potato cutting for Rachtoberfest-Cortona

No comments:

Post a Comment